At the University of Kentucky, philanthropy is transforming the face of the campus and the heart of the institution. Academic programs, research endeavors, scholarships and facilities are all benefiting from the impact only philanthropic support can provide.
It begins with good communication. UK Philanthropy Communications is the clearinghouse for the university’s philanthropy-related communications. Through printed materials, messaging, media relations and collaboration with other university departments, the communications team is focused on advancing the university’s philanthropy initiatives and illustrating how donors can empower UK to reach its philanthropic goals.
Core Services provided by UK Philanthropy Communications
- News releases, feature stories and philanthropy/donor story pitching
- Long-form and short-form content for UK Philanthropy website
- Newsletters, brochures, booklets, reports, case statements, posters and fact sheets
- Fundraising appeals
- Stewardship messaging
- Special event needs (e.g., talking points, PowerPoints)
- Web design and content management
- Social media
- Support of UK Public Relations and Marketing, colleges and units
- Philanthropy media relations
- Workshops and training
To request communications assistance, download this form [Adobe PDF file] or contact:
- Meredith Weber, senior associate director, communications and membership